Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My new project

I have started something I hope will last forever.

The CSULB news twitter account and the CSULB twitter Facebook account.

I asked myself, how can I serve California State University, Long Beach the best way I can? While at the same time not straying far from my specialty?

I really don't remember how I came up with the idea for it, but now that the project has gone live with 11 followers on the twitter account and 65 friends on facebook - I don't have time to think about it.

Spending lots of time each day deciding what I should spotlight, Men's Basketball? Job Opportunities on campus? Student Government? Campus construction? - Then once I decide, I move in to phase 2 - research. Finding out events, talking to people, sending emails, endless googling - whatever it takes.

When I originally thought of a twitter news feed for CSULB, I realized very quickly that not many students use Twitter. So, by creating a facebook account, syncing the two together, I can broadcast the biggest voice.

It's important everyone at least has a chance of knowing what is happening on campus.

The motivation came from all the broken links, unfriendly websites, making everything a CSULB student would need to know, very hard to find, inaccessable and downright useless.

Check them out here.

http://twitter.com/csulbnews

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1196285706&ref=name

No comments: