Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just another day in L.A.

I wake up. I eat two tamales. I put on cologne. I am out the door.

Cruising along Northbound 110 I make my usual stop at the Harbor transit freeway off the imperial highway exit. 20 minutes later I am at the Blue line.
A few minutes later I get off at the San Pedro station to ride the DASH E and go to the Fashion District for the first time.While I wait for the DASH E I find a King Taco and some colorful street art


I got off on Maple street and headed to the Fashion District.
And then I saw this and had a little nostalgia - not for the actual unit- but all those games of samurai showdown and metal slug ( and I guess KOF )
And I left that place roamed around and found this - note the hotdog

Fashion District is a real lively place. And filled with Mexicans to the gills.
When I got back on the Metro at 7'th and Metro ( or Fig) I found these interesting characters on the train

Then, finally got to Union Station - up Olivera St. and on to Chinatown


I went to Chinatown and enjoyed some art, peace, and bbq pork buns and seasame seed buns with red bean inside.I was also harassed by some homeless people. fuck them.
All in all a good trip.

No comments: