Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sports flops

I like sports. I'm sure other people do, and like me, don't always have time to watch them and visit websites such as nhl.com or nba.com.

But these websites are hideous. Let me count the ways.

Take this screenshot of the NHL official website for example. What the hell is that space on the right side? Can they not design the website for different resolutions? At the very least provide a less cheesy background. There are also scores of current games, and even future games with the scorecard labeled team y 0, team x 0 .. as if they were playing and haven't scored yet- but they're not. The website also shows this "channel feature on the left side... and i remember seeing that in... 2004, and we're still using that layout 4 years later. Fail. I'd provide more screenshots of other sports websites but it really is just more of the same.

1 comment:

TaltonFiggins said...

I was saying the same thing. Those sites have sooo much content in so many different areas and it's all just splatted out. I'm a fan of centered based designs anyways since you can always expand them horizontally. when I first looked at CBS sports and ESPN there were more options than photoshop and takes just as long to learn.