Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yes I read

This is the cover of, In Defense of food. The book contains a myriad of details and provided good info so I'll share them. (five in no paticular order.)

1. Don't eat alone. Many of us eat food just to survive. Food is time to slow down, catch up with friends, relax us and is meant to be enjoyed.

2. Don't eat things old people would not recognize.

3. Be wary of foods that make health claims. I sadly can not eat Milton's Bread anymore.

4. Lots of food are not actually food but " food like substances."

5. Go to a farmers market. Some farmers markets or Community Supported Agriculture can deliver food to your home.

This seems like info that everyone is familiar with, but following those rules is quite difficult, if not impossible. I tried following them today when I went to Trader Joe's and all I got was some Very wholesome bread and apple sauce.

The book is on the New York Best-Seller list and is definitely worth a read.

http://www.michaelpollan.com/indefense.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Farmers Market = Expensive as hell. It's good to have people like you blogging the important stuff in books so people like me don't have to actually read them. Just thinking about all those words makes me tiredz!>!>!>!>!>!>!