Monday, December 8, 2008

Mystery girl..


Mystery girl..
Originally uploaded by najicalove
I met her... on the Green line station. I was wearing my fancy military jacket but the wind was still quite unfriendly. I looked around and saw her, standing out like a sore thumb from all the wasted lives that frequent the rail stations. She had decided to warm herself in a little corner tucked away from the wind, "Genius!" I thought. Trying to avoid any social contact I decided to try the corner on the opposite end, only to realize the wind was in my direction. After a deep breath, I walked over to her and commented on her craftiness, and joined together and joked around. We suddenly realize we're both from Torrance and I decide to offer her a ride home, with my knowledge of how cruel the transit system can be do unsuspecting patrons at late hours.

The entire car ride was just a riot, with everything laughs, as if we had been best friends since elementary school. Playing and laughing we decide to grab a bite to eat and she offers to pay for sake my giving her a ride. Sharing fries and more intricate conversations as two strangers juxtaposed in a car tend to do, I arrive at her house and let her off. At this point, I wave her goodbye, and she leaves the car.

She asks me if I have a facebook or a myspace, and to which I replied no (which was truthful at the time) and at the last minute we decided to at least take a picture together. and here it is.

I suppose I could have asked for her telephone number, or perhaps an e-mail, so that perhaps I might make sure she arrives at home safely another night, but to me, she is mystery girl..

2 comments:

So Cal Peeper said...

you shoulda asked for her number!! or at least her email address.

Penny L. Richards said...

You know her address (or where you dropped her off, at least), so that's a start. Maybe put a "DO YOU KNOW ME?" sign on the nearest tree, with that photo and your phone number.